Now the impurities you've encouraged in them are gone! Now they are brilliant; now, they are perfect; now, they are me!
|—"Change Your Mind"|
White Diamond, or White for short, is a Homeworld Gem and the leader of the Great Diamond Authority that formerly ruled over the Gem race. She held supreme authority over all Gems, including her fellow Diamonds, and was seen as a being beyond the rest of her kind. For eons, White Diamond remained on the Gem Homeworld, secluded inside her ship, until she finally left Homeworld to help Steven Universe heal the corrupted Gems. She made her debut in "Legs From Here to Homeworld".
With the beginning of Era 3 and the abolition of the Great Diamond Authority's tyranny, White Diamond started dedicating her time to help Gems with their self-worth problems by using a reversed version of her powers, allowing them to take control over her so that they can get in contact with their own selves.
White Diamond is shown to be about a head taller than her fellow Diamonds. She has white skin, white spiky hair in a shape similar to a star pentagon, diamond-shaped white pupils with large and full black eyelashes and black fingernails. Her body constantly radiates a bright light which, along with her ship's brightness, probably makes her gemstone barely visible while her other features are visible because they're either black or have black outlines. A drawing by Rebecca Sugar reveals the obscured details, as does the Hot Topic T-shirt along with the episode "Change Your Mind" and onward. Her gemstone is located on her forehead and is a side view of a round-cut diamond.
White Diamond wears a long translucent white dress that reaches the floor and slit up both sides to her thighs, having shoulder pads. She also wears a cape with black and gray stripes that is lined with glimmering diamond and star designs and attached to her arms, as well as a pair of intricately detailed dress sandals with high heels. A flashback in "Your Mother and Mine" shows that she had pointy fingers but no fingernails and there was no cape attached to her arms.
Before Era 3
But I'm not supposed to be like this. I'm supposed to know better. I'm supposed to BE better. I'm supposed to make EVERYTHING better.
|—"Change Your Mind"|
According to Yellow Diamond, White never leaves her ship and never lets anyone in a few cases or incidents (such as Pink/Steven's return to Homeworld), so it may be possible that she is a bit reclusive. According to Blue Diamond, she has no sense of humor, being furious with Pink for naming a batch of Pyrite "fool's gold". Despite this, White has a certain soft spot for Pink, joining the other Diamonds in Blue's Pool Chamber to play games such as guessing what song Pink was singing underwater.
It is displayed in "Change Your Mind" that White Diamond is an arrogant perfectionist, making the other gems better by generously "removing their flaws". When she took control of the Crystal Gems, she told Steven that "there is nothing to hinder [her] white light sparkling through them" and saying that they are now "perfect". White Diamond has strict expectations on the way other Gems should behave, causing an immense pressure that Yellow Diamond says could "crack a Gem." She takes this obsession so far that she breaks down after she becomes emotional, going as far as saying emotions are a flaw. This reveals her biggest flaw/fear: atelophobia.
After Era 3
Don't be silly, Spinel! Everyone knows that all of this is because of me!... But that was because you were angry with Pink, and if Pink hurt you, it was because I hurt her! Like I hurt Yellow, and Blue, and Steven, and everyone in the entire universe! This is all my fault!
|—"I Am My Monster"|
White Diamond's progress can be noted in Steven Universe: The Movie, where she presents herself to Gemkind as a more caring and gentle ruler. She, along with the other Diamonds, are clingy towards Steven, wishing to have him around because he reminds them so much of Pink. Though White's positive demeanor appears forced, she is being genuine and actually wants to make a change for the better by listening to all of Steven's lessons, even if she finds them annoying at times. For example, White makes sure to be extra careful with her words and the way she describes things in order to not offend anyone.
In "Homeworld Bound", without Steven around, White is able to independently take the initiative to do the right thing and right her wrongs, like the other Diamonds are doing as well. Instead of mind-controlling other Gems to make them "perfect", White travels to different planets on charitable escapades to allow other Gems to control her instead, so that they may get in touch with themselves. While White talks with Steven, she appears very gentle and speaks softly with him, as she does with other Gems.
In "I Am My Monster", White finally makes the connection that mostly everyone around her continues to suffer because of her. White began to break down as she realized that the rules she previously imposed on Homeworld caused Yellow, Blue, Pink, and the rest of Gemkind to suffer due to a ripple effect that leads back to her. Though she mistakenly made the situation about herself and not Steven, she is corrected by Connie and joins everyone in saving Steven from himself.
Nothing is known about White Diamond's exact past, but she believed she existed to "make everything better" by imposing a strict system of hierarchies and castes upon the Homeworld empire. Her order persisted unchanged for many thousands of years. White Diamond owned the most colonies at the time of Earth's colonization. According to Blue Diamond, White was once closer to the other Diamonds, even taking part in games that Pink played with them. However, White was not open to the idea of Pink running a colony, believing she was unfit to run one, causing Pink to throw a temper tantrum that damaged Pink Pearl's physical form. White Diamond would frequently lock Pink in a tower for acting out. After Pink's alleged shattering on Earth, White grew distant from the other Diamonds to the point of never leaving her ship.
Around 4,500 Years Ago
When Pink Diamond was believed to have been shattered and Earth was no longer deemed to be a viable colony, White left Homeworld and she participated in the Corrupting Light attack that corrupted every Gem on Earth exposed to the attack. After that, she returned to Homeworld and stayed until the dawn of Era 3.
Steven, the Crystal Gems and the Diamonds travel to Homeworld to ask White for assistance in healing the Corrupted Gems. Before they even arrived at Homeworld, White appeared to already know that they were coming and that "Pink" was still alive because when they do reach the planet, Homeworld is cheering for the return of Pink Diamond.
White controls White Pearl to retrieve Steven, and when she does, White speaks to Steven as if he is Pink. White tells Steven that everyone is so relieved that Pink is alive and that she is relieved that her little game is finally over. White then sends Steven to Pink Diamond's room.
White Diamond is not seen in "Familiar", but she is mentioned several times. Steven relates to Pearl how he doesn't think she understands that he's not Pink Diamond and later tells Yellow Diamond about his conversation with her, to which she remarks that it's incredible to he managed to get in even a few words to her, but laments that she never allows anyone else to see her in spite of Yellow's success as a conqueror. When Steven talks to Blue Diamond, she recalls an incident where Pink named a batch of Pyrite "Fool's Gold", which apparently infuriated White.
In Pink Diamond's room, Pearl tells Steven that Pink Diamond used to throw parties for all the Diamonds and their courts to attend, including White. This prompts Steven to don Pink Diamond's outfit and throw a ball for all of the Diamonds, where he plans to persuade White to help heal the corrupted Gems.
White appears once in the episode and is mentioned several times. She appears in Steven's dream, still in her ship and smiling at him. Blue Diamond says that since White might be coming to the Era-3 Ball, everything will have to be perfect. Steven hopes that White will come to the ball, but she does not show up. Instead, White Pearl takes her Diamond's place in observing the event, though everyone is unaware that White Diamond is actually speaking and observing the ball through White Pearl. While smiling blankly for most of the event, she suddenly looks displeased when Steven and Connie fuse in front of the assembled Gems.
When Steven and Connie try to escape Homeworld with the help of Blue and Yellow, White Diamond (speaking through White Pearl) tells them that they aren't going anywhere. She then merges her ship with Pink's. However, both Blue and Yellow Diamond's ships, piloted by Bismuth, Lapis, and Peridot attack her ship and manage to knock it over. Later, Steven, Yellow, and Blue try to convince White to stop her ways and help everybody. White, however, ignores this completely, attacking both Blue and Yellow and turning them into mindless, obedient servants, like her Pearl. White transports Blue and Yellow inside her ship (which merged with hers) and attacks the Crystal Gems. She knocks them off the platform, and Steven drops Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl's gemstones. While falling, Steven manages to fuse with Amethyst, who then throws him over to Pearl. Steven and Pearl fuse and save Ruby and Sapphire. Steven and Garnet then fuse into Sunstone, but White stomps on them with the leg ship. Sunstone lifts up the foot, however, and attacks the ships. White simply swats them away, and the gems decide they have to fuse into Obsidian. They fuse and attack White, along with Connie, Bismuth, Lapis, and Peridot. They all start destroying the ship, with Obsidian managing to slice off both of the ship's hands. The Gems unfuse after being smashed against a pillar, and they enter White's ship through its eye.
White asks what Steven is doing and asks if he wants his legs and his planet back. Steven asks what White did to the other Diamonds, but White shushes him. She says that both Yellow and Blue are imperfect due to their light, but she is perfect, due to her having every light in the spectrum. She then says that Pink is the part of her that she has to repress. She then suddenly attacks the Gems, turning Amethyst, Garnet, and Pearl into slaves like Blue and Yellow. White says that she removed their flaws and that her white light is sparkling through them. She states that they are brilliant and that the flaws Steven caused them to have are gone, and they are perfect as her. Steven tries to tell her that they are perfect the way they are, but White says that Pink likes to surround herself with inferior gems so she can be the best of the worst.
Steven says that it isn't true and that even if it was, she'd be talking about his mom and not about Steven. White laughs at this and says "your mom" in a mocking tone, but Connie arrives and White makes Pearl attack her. Steven tries to help but White makes Garnet and Amethyst grab him. Pearl disarms and grabs Connie. Steven tells her to let Connie go, but White says that it must feel good to surround himself with lower life forms, blaming everything on someone else. She says that that was why he became Rose in the first place, in order to deceive his friends. Steven disagrees, saying that he isn't Rose, but White points out that he knows things that he couldn't possibly know if he wasn't Pink. Steven says that he was just connecting with her, but White says that even though Pink took the form of Steven, her light is still shining through. She then picks Steven up, saying that it's time to come out. She then removes his gemstone, which appears to reform, but whilst it shows the shapes of both Pink Diamond and Rose Quartz, ultimately the gemstone generates a holographic, seemingly emotionless Steven. When White questions where Pink is, the Gem Steven shouts "She's gone!" with such force that White is forced backward, then walks back towards his human half, which is severely weakened. It appears that neither of the two Stevens is complete without the other one. White and the Gems under her control try to stop the reunion, but Gem Steven creates a featureless, multi-faceted shield which blocks all of White Diamonds' attacks, then "pops", creating a powerful shockwave which forces everyone back.
After Steven and the Gem Steven re-fuse, White Diamond angrily pounds her fists on the floor, stating that Steven should appear as Pink Diamond, that he is not half-human, and that he is acting like a child. Steven retorts that he is a child, and asks what White's excuse is. Her and her slaves' cheeks turn pink, confusing White, and all the gems previously under her control return to normal. Bismuth, Lapis, and Peridot arrive with the intent to fight White but stop upon seeing the state that everyone is in. White asks herself what is happening, and she reaches out to Yellow and Blue. Both of them back away from her, saying that she is "off-colored" after seeing her pink cheeks. White is startled, questioning if she is actually flawed. Steven tells her to let people be who they are and tells her that she can be what she wants to be.
White says that she should know better, and that she should be better, and that she should make everything better. Steven says that she can, but she has to leave her own head. She then travels with Steven and the gems to Earth and witnesses the Off Colors arrive, meeting with the people of Beach City including Steven's father Greg Universe and Lion, and later helps cure all the Corrupted Gems. She then leaves Earth with Yellow and Blue as they go back to Homeworld.
White, along with Yellow and Blue, starts the film by singing "The Tale of Steven", which praises Steven and his contributions. Afterward, White tells "The Story of Steven", which explains the origins of Steven and how he dissolved the Gem Empire, as well as the backstory of Pink Diamond/Rose Quartz. White announces in a broadcast to Homeworld Gems throughout the universe that Steven will be taking the place of Pink Diamond as part of the Great Diamond Authority. However, Steven declines and explains his home is on Earth with his friends. White tells Yellow and Blue Pearl to end the broadcast, to which Yellow Pearl remarks her time is up anyway. Steven says he thought that went well, but White and the other Diamonds attempt to convince him to stay on Homeworld by singing "Let Us Adore You", as well as explaining their recent good deeds, but Steven still refuses and warps back to Earth. Sometime later, White and the rest of the Diamonds arrive on Earth and explain they want to live with Steven, which Steven is skeptical of. They are then introduced to Spinel and grow fond of her, and sing "Let Us Adore You (Reprise)". The Diamonds then leave Earth with Spinel, and return to Homeworld.
White, along with the other Diamonds, assists Steven in his attempt to control his new powers. White expresses that she can help Steven with his self-worth by allowing him to possess her form, exhibiting this new ability by allowing Spinel to control her. As White allows Steven to control her, he becomes aggressive towards the concept, recalling the events of "Change Your Mind", disrupting the ability, confusing and scaring White from what she had seen. The Diamonds beg Steven to stay so they could help, as he leaves the palace and warps away.
White, Yellow, Blue and Spinel go to Earth to check on Steven. After noticing Steven as a giant monster, she asks why something like this always happens when they visit. When Garnet tells them the monster is Steven she is shocked saying it's impossible. After Yellow and Blue's tactics to change Steven back are unsuccessful, she thinks if she connects with him and he speaks through her, maybe they would understand what he's going through. Unfortunately, when she tries this she loses her concentration and falls. White comes to the conclusion the monster isn't Steven anymore. Later she concludes that everyone around her continues to suffer because the rules she previously imposed on Homeworld caused Yellow, Blue, Pink, and the rest of Gemkind to suffer due to a ripple effect, causing her to break down. Though she mistakenly makes the situation about herself and not Steven, she is corrected by Connie and joins everyone in saving Steven from himself. Afterwards she is seen with everyone else happy to see Steven back to normal.
White Diamond possesses standard Gem abilities, but since she is a Diamond, her abilities are expected to be much greater than other Gems. Since both Yellow and Blue Diamond showed fear of her, it could be concluded that she is much more powerful than the other Diamonds and gems are. With this, is presumed that she has a high intelligence level (she was able to control and command the entire gem race for millennia, as the main ruler) or even subtle traces of omnipresence.
Although it is never stated within the show, Rebecca Sugar has gone on record to state "our Pearl never belonged to White, but White is involved of Pearls in general, and that's all I can really say at the moment" at SDCC 2019. This implies that White Diamond is most likely directly involved with Pearls' creation, behavior and related traits.
- Aura Projection: The Diamonds can project an aura around them that they can control, either radiating it from their entire bodies or emitting it from specific parts of their bodies such as their hands. White's aura was shown around her hand as a solid, bright and white corona-like flare around it. Not much has been shown of her aura's effect, but she used it during the Diamonds' final attack against the Crystal Gems.
- Corruption Induction: Though the attack was meant to destroy the Crystal Gems, White, Yellow and Blue's collective powers instead corrupted every single remaining Gem on Earth.
- Corruption Reversal: Along with Pink/Steven, Yellow and Blue, White has the ability to reverse the effects of the Corrupting Light on Gems. The four reversed the corruption using the water of Rose's Fountain in "Change Your Mind".
- Mind Control: By zapping another Gem's gemstone with a white ray of light, White Diamond removes that Gem's color, turning it into a gray that then spreads out from the gemstone, controlling the affected Gem. Controlled Gems generally mimic her movements, speech, and possibly state (her blush spread to all under her control), though White can command them to perform specific actions or say certain things. Once released, Gems are disoriented and appear to have no memory of what happened or what they did whilst they were controlled: A controlled Pearl was still able to draw her (also colorless) Gem Weapon to fight Connie, but it is unclear if this is the Gem's individual weapon or a facsimile. A weakened emotional state may disrupt White's control, as it was undone when she realized a flaw in herself that Steven exposed and blushed in "Change Your Mind". It is unclear if this was a deliberate action on White's part or an unconscious reaction. White Diamond states that controlling other Gems involves "shining her light through them" and that she doesn't want to "spread [herself] too thin", implying a possible limit to the number of Gems she can control at any given time. The ray can be early blocked by Gem Steven's Shield.
- Power Bestowal: When White Diamond takes control of a Gem, they can gain access to new abilities, such as transportation via a white bubble/capsule, intangibility, and the projection of her controlling light from their eyes.
- Corruption Induction: Though the attack was meant to destroy the Crystal Gems, White, Yellow and Blue's collective powers instead corrupted every single remaining Gem on Earth.
- Mimicry: By channeling all the colored lights radiated from her stone, White Diamond can dye herself in the color of a particular gem and also copy all the gem's acts, as shown in mid "Homeworld Bound". The irradiated colors that are concentrated shine and consume all around her, varying mainly between green, yellow, blue and red, as seen when she copies Spinel and Steven. The copied gem can also control White Diamond's moves and acts, resembling the opposite of White's Mind Control Ray. As Spinel say, White can "channel our [the gems] thoughts into her body".
- Water-Walking: In "I Am My Monster", it is shown that White Diamond can walk and run on the surface of water just like Lion and Opal. She also shares this ability with Yellow and Blue Diamond.
In the "Change Your Mind" episode of The Steven Universe Podcast, it is stated that White Diamond has a motherly role among the Diamonds and serves as a mother figure to the other ones. She didn't hesitate to control them with her powers when she considered them "flawed", but showed certain regret after the events.
Poor Yellow. Her impurities absorb all the blue in her light. She's so strong, but so weak when it comes to Blue. Ah, and Blue, her impurities soak up all of the warmth in her spectrum. She thinks she needs you, Pink.
|—White Diamond describing Blue and Yellow. "Change Your Mind"|
Yellow and Blue Diamond respected and feared White Diamond, obeying her both because they believed her system was correct and in order to avoid her ire. Yellow displayed a desire for White's approval, telling Steven that White "never lets anyone in" these days and complaining how unfair it was that he got to see her despite having only one failed colony, while White never showed her any kind of recognition despite her hundreds of successful colonies. On the other hand, Blue expressed nostalgia for the fun all four Diamonds used to have together in the days when Pink was still with them, indicating that White used to be close to the other Diamonds and had grown distant since.
Over time, both Blue and Yellow have grown depressed and heavily stressed by White's expectations of perfection, describing her as difficult and temperamental to Steven. The two dreaded any kind of confrontation with her, though they were willing to stand together on "Pink Diamond's" behalf when they learned that she/Steven was still alive. Even when they decided White's order was unjust and had to be changed, it took Steven's encouragement for them to overcome that dread and speak their minds to White, expressing that they were sick of her standards and blaming them for the departure of Pink Diamond as well as the disappearance of their closeness to each other.
When White Diamond realized her own imperfection, Yellow and Blue were initially horrified by her loss of composure. Afterward, as they healed the Corrupted Gems together, the two of them still appeared wary of her but willing to make up.
If you're not Pink, then... who are you?!
|—"Change Your Mind"|
As for me, I’m certain I don't need you. After all, I'm every color of the light. But you're a part of me. The part I always have to repress.
|—"Change Your Mind"|
Pink, White is very unhappy with you. If this keeps up, she's going to take away your Pearl.
|—Blue Diamond, "Change Your Mind"|
Well, what have we here? It's another one of your pets.
|—"Change Your Mind"|
Spinel, I -- *Ahem* Steven, since the Earth is so disgusting, we'll just take Spinel back to Homeworld with us, and you can stay here.
|—"Steven Universe: The Movie"|
She first met Greg after "Change Your Mind".
|1. "Full Disclosure":||Absent||14. "Historical Friction":||Absent|
|2. "Joy Ride":||Absent||15. "Friend Ship":||Absent|
|3. "Say Uncle":||Absent||16. "Nightmare Hospital":||Absent|
|4. "Love Letters":||Absent||17. "Sadie's Song":||Absent|
|5. "Reformed":||Absent||18. "Catch and Release":||Absent|
|6. "Sworn to the Sword":||Absent||19. "When It Rains":||Absent|
|7. "Rising Tides, Crashing Skies":||Absent||20. "Back to the Barn":||Absent|
|8. "Keeping It Together":||Absent||21. "Too Far":||Absent|
|9. "We Need to Talk":||Absent||22. "The Answer":||Absent|
|10. "Chille Tid":||Absent||23. "Steven's Birthday":||Absent|
|11. "Cry for Help":||Absent||24. "It Could've Been Great":||Pictured|
|12. "Keystone Motel":||Absent||25. "Message Received":||Absent|
|13. "Onion Friend":||Absent||26. "Log Date 7 15 2":||Absent|
|1. "Super Watermelon Island":||Absent||13. "Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service":||Absent|
|2. "Gem Drill":||Absent||14. "Monster Reunion":||Absent|
|3. "Same Old World":||Absent||15. "Alone at Sea":||Absent|
|4. "Barn Mates":||Absent||16. "Greg the Babysitter":||Absent|
|5. "Hit the Diamond":||Absent||17. "Gem Hunt":||Absent|
|6. "Steven Floats":||Absent||18. "Crack the Whip":||Absent|
|7. "Drop Beat Dad":||Absent||19. "Steven vs. Amethyst":||Absent|
|8. "Mr. Greg":||Absent||20/21. "Bismuth":||Absent|
|9. "Too Short to Ride":||Absent||22. "Beta":||Absent|
|10. "The New Lars":||Absent||23. "Earthlings":||Absent|
|11. "Beach City Drift":||Absent||24. "Back to the Moon":||Pictured|
|12. "Restaurant Wars":||Absent||25. "Bubbled":||Absent|
|1. "Stuck Together":||Absent||15. "Pool Hopping":||Absent|
|2. "The Trial":||Pictured||16. "Letters to Lars":||Absent|
|3. "Off Colors":||Pictured||17. "Can't Go Back":||Absent|
|4. "Lars' Head":||Pictured||18. "A Single Pale Rose":||Absent|
|5. "Dewey Wins":||Absent||19. "Now We're Only Falling Apart":||Absent|
|6. "Gemcation":||Absent||20. "What's Your Problem?":||Absent|
|7. "Raising the Barn":||Absent||21. "The Question":||Absent|
|8. "Back to the Kindergarten":||Absent||22. "Made of Honor":||Absent|
|9. "Sadie Killer":||Absent||23/24. "Reunited":||Absent|
|10. "Kevin Party":||Absent||25. "Legs From Here to Homeworld":||Debut|
|11. "Lars of the Stars":||Absent||26. "Familiar":||Pictured & Mentioned|
|12. "Jungle Moon":||Absent||27. "Together Alone":||Flashback|
|13. "Your Mother and Mine":||Flashback||28. "Escapism":||Pictured & Mentioned|
|14. "The Big Show":||Absent||29-32. "Change Your Mind":||Appears|
|Steven Universe: The Movie:||Appears|
|1. "Little Homeschool":||Pictured||11. "In Dreams":||Imagined|
|2. "Guidance":||Absent||12. "Bismuth Casual":||Mentioned|
|3. "Rose Buds":||Absent||13. "Together Forever":||Absent|
|4. "Volleyball":||Mentioned||14. "Growing Pains":||Flashback|
|5. "Bluebird":||Absent||15. "Mr. Universe":||Absent|
|6. "A Very Special Episode":||Absent||16. "Fragments":||Absent|
|7. "Snow Day":||Absent||17. "Homeworld Bound":||Appears|
|8. "Why So Blue?":||Absent||18. "Everything's Fine":||Flashback|
|9. "Little Graduation":||Absent||19. "I Am My Monster":||Appears|
|10. "Prickly Pair":||Absent||20. "The Future":||Absent|
- White has one of the most expressive faces in Steven Universe, due to her realistic mouth and highly pronounced eyebrows. Whereas most Gems lack eyebrows unless needed for an expression, White always has them, setting her apart from the other Gems.
- White Diamond is drawn in the style of the show's background art in "Legs From Here to Homeworld". However, on a Hot Topic T-shirt and in "Change Your Mind" and onwards, she is drawn the same way as any other character in the series.
- White and Pink Diamonds' gemstones are similar in appearance, though the tips point in opposite directions.
- According to Rebecca Sugar in Argentina Comic-Con, her personality is similar to her Pearl and has different problems than Yellow and Blue.
- White Diamond's powers and personality may be symbolical of mental abuse or manipulative behavior; abusers of this kind make their victims question their mindset, using deceit and manipulative words or actions to make said victims believe that they are in the wrong, or generally making them too confused about their attacker's behavior and outward performance to try to leave in fear of hurting them for being innocent or being unable to recognize the fact that they are being abused. This is reflected in a lot of White's dialogue in "Change Your Mind", as well as her ability to control the actions of others through mind control.
- Prior to being mentioned in the show, White Diamond's name was first seen alongside the names of the other three Diamonds along with their specific themes.
- During San Diego Comic-Con 2018, Cartoon Network held a "3-D photo booth" for Steven Universe. When fans received their "3-D" image, a clip was attached at the end teasing White Diamond with a brief animation of her eyes blinking.
- Prior to White Diamond's debut, a fan had met Patti LuPone after a performance of War Paint, a musical she starred in that was running on Broadway at the time. After complimenting her on her voice work as Yellow Diamond, Patti told the fan that Christine Ebersole, her co-star in the musical, was the voice actress for White Diamond. While never confirmed, it eventually proved to be true.
- Rebecca Sugar stated in an AMA that White is personally responsible for the creation of pearls.
- Rebecca Sugar took inspiration from the illustrations of Nell Brinkley when designing White Diamond.
|White Diamond's gemstone is located on her forehead. It is in the shape of an upright five-sided diamond similar in appearance to the side view of a round brilliant diamond cut.|
- ↑ White Diamond drawing by Rebecca Sugar to a fan at San Diego Comic-Con 2018
- ↑ https://io9.gizmodo.com/steven-universes-rebecca-sugar-dropped-some-interesting-1836663252
- ↑ Steven Universe: Art & Origins; page 159
- ↑ "#StevenUniverse 3-D Photobooth at San Diego Comic-Con. Fans also got a sneak peek of White Diamond’s eyes 👀" – Cartoon Network on Twitter
- ↑ "White Diamond VA" – r/steven universe on Reddit